SoCal Board Recruitment
SoCal League is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose mission is to
bring cross-country mountain biking to schools across the 10 counties of
southern California. Though people are most familiar with our race
staff and coaches, the SoCal League Board of Directors
plays a CRUCIAL role in making sure the League has the resources and
guidance to keep it on track and growing in a sustainable way.
we enter our 6th year, grow to as many as 45 teams, and add a middle
school component; the League is looking for a few good board members!
You might be a great candidate if:
- You love the idea of energizing more kids, coaches, and families through the bike.
- You have ideas on how to improve upon the work the League is doing.
- You have a professional background that would benefit the League.
- You don't have the day-to-day time to coach a team but do have time available to focus on specific items to support the League.
- You want to sell the work and mission of the League to decision makers in organizations that can help support our work.
don't have to have all of the above. The primary thing you need is a
passion to work to keep the SoCal League a premier organization! Board
members serve 2 year terms so if you have at least 2 years to help make a
difference contact SoCal Board President Jon Tanklage and ask how you can get involved! You don't have to have any previous involvement with the League as a coach or parent.