Wahoo Fitness' KICKR Power Trainer was named CES 2013 Best of Innovations award winner in the Health & Fitness category. Wahoo says the KICKR Power Trainer is an iPhone-powered bike trainer, but we'll bet it is a RIDER-powered
bike trainer that uses an iPhone to measure your progress and control the trainer. Just who has to actually do the work aside, Wahoo’s KICKR allows riders to set resistance, accurately measure power and complete App based workouts, all from their iPhone. The KICKR Power Trainer is being demo'ed this week at CES 2013.
Using Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+ technology, the KICKR Power Trainer connects to the iPhone, allowing full resistance control during your training session. While pedaling, users can increase or decrease resistance, structure interval workouts or even simulate real world bike courses all from their smart phone. Resistance adjustments are instant, making it easy to replicate everything from a flat or rolling hill course, to the coast down a hill after a hard climb. With a wheel off design and super flywheel, the iPhone connected bike trainer is engineered to produce an ultra-realistic road feel, equivalent to the inertia of an actual rider on the road. A direct power measurement at the hub provides consistent and lab accurate power readings for every grueling mile.
Wahoo Fitness has fully integrated the iPhone into all aspects of cycling fitness. With Wahoo’s Blue SC Speed & Cadence sensor for iPhone, the Blue HR Heart Rate Monitor for iPhone, the RFLKT Bike Computer for iPhone, Balance Smartphone Scale and the KICKR bike trainer, Wahoo users can now track and power their cycling with their iPhone at home, on the road, the trail and the trainer. Wahoo Fitness’ iPhone cycling system allows users to monitor all the vitals including power, speed, cadence, heart rate, pace, distance, location, course and more.
Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer features include:
• Adjust resistance via iPhone for structured rides or simulate real world courses using top cycling Apps including TrainerRoad and Kinomap Trainer.
• Wheel off design allows direct power measurement at the hub, providing the most accurate and consistent power measurement throughout every mile
• In ride adjustments simulate across all intensities from coasting downhill to cranking up a 15% grade (600-2000 watt resistance)
• Ultra realistic road feel specifically engineered to simulate the inertia of an actual rider on the road
• Measure power (wattage), and speed all using your favorite iPhone cycling App or favorite ANT+ bike computer
• ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 compatible
• Quiet – tested to be one of the quietest trainers on the market
For more information on Wahoo Fitness, please visit click here.