We could easily win the argument that the Heckler is the best all-round mountain bike Santa Cruz
has ever made. It's ultra-simple, yet refined rear suspension doesn't require much setup time, is easy to maintain and flat-out works great. The bike has a balanced feel that inspires on the descents. Their announcement that the bike is now being delivered with 27.5-inch wheels should sweeten this package more. Here is the info from SC:
• Total frame claimed weight: 6.76 lb (3.07 kg) M size with Fox Float CTD evolution shock. • 6” (150mm) travel.
• 27.5” wheels.
• New 142mm x 12mm rear axle spacing - easier wheel installation.
• Collet axle pivot - locks in place without pinch bolts. • Angular contact bearings maximize stiffness.
• Standard or direct mount rear derailleur hanger.
• ISCG-05 chainguide compatibility.
• 73mm threaded BB for creak-free riding and easy installation. • Two color options:
• Complete bikes starting at $2599
• Frame $1299 with Fox Float CTD evolution shock.