The Arizona High School Cycling League and Sho-Air/Cannondale professional mountain bike team have teamed up for a very special opportunity. Seven-time national champion Pua Mata (Sho-Air/Cannondale) will be selecting three girls to join her on a four-person team at the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo February 15-17, 2013 in Tucson, Arizona.
Since turning professional in 2005, Mata has become a very successful endurance racing champion. In 2011, she captured the pro women’s Marathon and Solo 24 Hour National Championships, along with an 8th place finish at the World Marathon Championships in Italy, where she was the top ranked North American. Coming off another great year in 2012 winning the Pro XCT and UET titles and La Ruta de los Conquistadores mountain bike stage race, Mata will begin her 2013 campaign at the Old Pueblo. Maybe with you!
The three lucky ladies will receive:
- A spot on a 4-person Sho-Air/Cannondale female team with Pua
- Pre-race skills, nutrition and race prep clinics by Pua
- On-site accommodations in 24-Hour Town during the event
- The experience of a pro pit area, including mechanical support
- Sho-Air/Cannondale swag
- Arizona High School Cycling League (AHSCL) swag
- National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) swag
I should also mention the editorial staff at Mountain Bike Action magazine will be on hand to do a story about the team so you must promise to smile for the camera!
As long as you’re a high school girl in Arizona and race mountain bikes, all you need to do is answer the questions below and you’re entered for a chance to win.
But, first and foremost…a few rules. (I know, I don’t like rules either, but I guess there is always a time and place for them.)
- Please get your parents permission before submitting an entry! When an entry is received, it will be assumed that your parents or legal guardian has agreed and given their consent to your participation. The three winners will be required to submit a signed waiver from their parent or legal guardian prior to the event.
- Make sure that you are available for that weekend and have transportation to and from the race.
- This is a bike race. Make sure that you have a functioning bicycle!
- By accepting the spot on the team, we will have the right to use your beautiful image in blogs, race reports, etc.
- Of course…you MUST have fun!
Still Interested? Awesome:
Time to show off your student side of student-athlete with a little writing competition. Answer the following questions and email them to email@example.com. Now, here are your questions!
- First and last name
- Date of Birth
- Grade level
- Do you plan on racing in the Arizona High School Cycling League in 2013?
- Why you should be chosen to be on the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo Sho-Air/Cannondale 4-person female team?
- What got you into mountain biking?
- What does mountain biking mean to you?
- What is your racing goal for 2013?
- What is one word that best describes you?
Within a day you will receive a confirmation that your entry was received. All entries must be received by midnight (MST) on January 27. Winners will be announced on February 1. Good luck!